CONSULTATION & COST
Whether you want to look into an ongoing health issue, or to increase general vitality, why not book a consultation with Anne Cheshire SEP, MNIMH.
For chronic or complex conditions the initial consultation will be in-depth (55 minutes) and you will be asked to give information about all aspects of wellness, as imbalances in one system always affect other systems.
For minor issues, mini-consultations are available (5 – 10 minutes). Please see below for details and get in touch today.
In-depth consultations (55 minutes) are appropriate for conditions such as chronic pain, which, for instance, can be caused by, or itself exacerbate, nervous system overwhelm, which may also involve fatigue, digestive disturbances, skin problems, sleep problems, breathing problems and anxiety, depression or an underlying sense of unwellness. We need the whole picture to work out what is going on and why there is dysfunction.
If there is no complex underlying pattern, mini-consultations (5 – 10 minutes) are available for conditions such as colds, coughs, flu, sore throat, shingles, muscle and joint pain, urinary tract infections, varicose veins, haemorrhoids, and many others. Please phone for dispensary and consultation options or see below.
In rare cases in which symptoms are so urgent that immediate emergency treatment is needed, Anne will refer you for emergency treatment.
- For acute or minor conditions mini-consultations: £5 – £10 depending on complexity, or free of charge if a previous consultation has taken place.
- For chronic or complex conditions one initial in-depth full consultation (55 minutes): £60.
- Any follow-up consultations for chronic or complex conditions (25 minutes), usually after 3 – 4 weeks: £30.
- Repeat prescriptions may be agreed via a telephone call which is free of charge.
- There is no dispensary charge: dispensary fees are included in the consultation fee.
- There is no charge for consultations relating to purchasing cosmetics, body creams, bath salts etc. but a very short consultation is required by law.
- Individually mixed tinctures (105ml) cost per week: £8
- Prepared ointments 60g: £6
- Individually prepared creams 60g: £9
- Tea mixes per 100g (several weeks’ supply): £6
- Others: syrups, washes, pessaries etc. are individually priced. Please ask
- Cosmetics, body creams, bath salts all at low prices.
Available with mini-consultation
- Cough syrups and tinctures
- Acute infection mixes for coughs, colds, cystitis
- Seasonal immune-boosting tonics
- Ointments or salves for bruises, bashes and sprains
- Anti-itch, anti-inflammatory, wound-healing skin creams
- Soothing, cooling gels for minor burns and infections
- Topical fungal infection treatments
- Varicose vein creams
- Haemorrhoid lotion
Available with full consultation
- Herbal medicine in all its forms to address complex and chronic functional or medical conditions affecting cardiac, respiratory, immune system, endocrine, digestive, emotional and nervous system health.
- Powerful adaptogen tonics to help the system adapt to stress and rebuild energy after debilitating illness, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, PTSD or other endocrine and nervous system conditions.
- Tinctures and teas, creams and pessaries, individually prepared to balance hormonal fluctuations in menopause and peri-menopause and to address symptoms like hot flushes, brain fog and anxiety.
Conventional prescribed medications
Medical herbalists are trained and experienced in prescribing herbs which do not interact with specific conventional prescription medications. You will be asked for a list of any medications you are taking so that these can be taken into account. In many cases prescribing GPs are happy to work with medical herbalists if it is desirable for a patient to lower the dose of their prescription medicine in favour of a herbal prescription with fewer or no side effects. Cessation or change of dosage of prescription medicines must always be made in full consultation with the prescribing GP or consultant.